I am Brian, your new Stats Friend!
I’m highly competent, easy to understand, and most of all a nice person you’ll be glad to meet. I’ve combined my experiences as a University Professor, Statistics Consultant, and Organizational Psychologist to help organizations and students implement their best ideas with incredible ease. I most enjoy seeing the resulting success that comes from high quality research work.
My time is donated to StatsFriend, which is owned and operated by a charitable organization committed to increasing knowledge and the availability of consulting services for all students of higher education. Your payments fund free educational videos, discounted consultation for low-income students, and other projects.
My experience includes:
- Consulting experience with students, businesses, and government organizations
- Former Director of Research (San Diego University for Integrative Studies)
- Award-winning University Professor (teaching psychology and statistics)
- Working remotely, on-site, across many industries, and with tight deadlines
- Student mentoring to achieve goals, maintain focus, and reduce stress
- Reviewing research reports for publication and/or conference presentation
I offer statistical consulting for most fields of study, specializing in research involving human thought/behavior: psychology, human services, management, organizational development, sociology, marketing, business, and other related fields.
My rate: $120/hr or ask me to quote a discounted fixed price for your project. Discounts are for students only, and not available to business/government clients.
I work on projects in any location by delivering to you a complete statistical analysis, sharing step-by-step instructions to complete your own project, or simply giving advice when you need it. At any phase in your project, you need a Stats Friend!
I have recently completed analyses of many kinds:
- Multiple Linear Regression
- Structural Equation Modeling with Ordinal Variables
- Cluster Analysis
- Mixed Model of Longitudinal Biometric Markers
- Profile Analysis
- Linear & Quadratic Predictive Models
- Logistic Regression
- Chi-square / Fisher’s Exact
- General Additive Model
- 2-dimensional splines
- Discriminant Analysis
On topics including:
- Organizational Behavior
- Clinical Psychology Treatment Programs
- Climate Data
- Entertainment Consumer Research
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Veterinary Medicine
- Health Promotion
- Social Network Usage
- Rehabilitation Programs
- Cultural Norms
- Protected Species Captures in Longline Fishing
- Organizational Justice
While teaching statistics I discovered how to explain difficult concepts in ways that are easy to understand. Next thing I knew the office staff was sending students with stats questions to me, then I was walking them through their projects. Through this I learned how to be a liaison between the statistics world and those who fear it (or just aren’t interested). I truly enjoy bringing clarity to my clients, watching them impress their committees, bosses, and friends. Now with years of experience I am happy to have found my niche, and look forward to helping more clients than ever before.
I received my PhD in Organizational Psychology from Walden University in Minneapolis Minnesota, and also studied previously at Wright State University in Dayton Ohio. My most recent employment was as Director of Research at San Diego University for Integrative Studies. In this role I participated in all Thesis and Dissertation defenses as the on-site methodology expert and guided students from the beginning of their project to the end.